Template-based Content Production
Content Models is for fast-paced organizations that need to meet high-volume, professional and consistent learning output demand. This is possible by providing both rapid authoring capabilities and model-based automation of content production in different languages that can be delivered on different channels and platforms.
With Content Models, dragging and dropping raw assets produces sophisticated, highly interactive, and high quality instructional content that is also consistent in terms of its pedagogical approach and visual representation.
Authors can count on ready-to-use, open and extensible sets of HTML- and Flash-based templates for online authoring as well as desktop authoring. Online Editor’s templates are based on the same XML technology employed by eXact learning LCMS’s professional desktop authoring tool, eXact learning Packager.
Both tools enable controlled content production with remote users working on- and offline, with various levels of functionalities, through various access-controlled user profiles.
As an example, when developing a learning course which will include several like-screens (e.g. pages with a title, text, image, audio file, etc), you can define the template to represent this data, so that you may then focus on the content.The pages created using the template will automatically:
Content model is a software application, which defines:
- The user interface and its functionalities
- The navigation and tracking rules
- The set of templates included in the model
A template is a model for a single content chunk, and it is defined by:
- A user interface
- Its functionalities
- A set of input data
- A set of parameters
This learning object content model is ideal for non-technical users, who work with the content library in conjunction with the eXact learning LCMS technology. The Flash content models allow the planning and development of high quality, interactive and multimedia learning content.
The latest version of eXact learning solutions’ Flash-based content models introduces several enhancements and changes, mainly concerning runtime performance and support for new Adobe Flash versions.
- Flash 10 and Action Script - Support of Adobe Flash 10 and ActionScript 3 for significant increase in content performance.
- Interoperability and customization - A new SDK (Software Development Kit) library is available in order to let third party developers write their own templates or create SWF animations that can cooperate with the main Flash content engine, getting and setting dynamic information (e.g. style parameters, tracking status, etc.), or interacting with the page navigation engine.
- Right to left - RTL (Right To Left) languages are now supported both for the graphic user interface as well as templates layout and text (this allows Arabic and Hebrew localization).
- Plug-ins - Plug-ins can be added to the model, such as audio recorder plug-in. In addition, the multi-SCO plug-in enables users to create a first common index page when using more than one SCO (Sharable Content Object). The plug-in also enables adaptation to any third party LMS.
- Advanced tracking system - New SCORM tracking system using synchronous calls, improved page loading and page navigation performance. Easier menu customization.
- Many different templates - A wide variety of available templates for different levels of interactivity and page lay outs.