Thales International Training Centre
Delivering learning content faster to a larger number of learners at lower cost
Thales is currently restructuring its training programs for its customers throughout the world. Moving from a more traditional instructor led training (ILT) approach, where students come to the Netherlands for training, Thales is introducing different teaching methods, including distant self-study and eLearning options
By re-designing the training programs, Thales is looking forward to:
- Optimizing training processes by analyzing needs and designing courses with material that can be reused
- Managing the intellectual capital by improving process and content management
- Evaluating the effectiveness of programs by adding entry tests and learner progress monitoring
- Modernizing teaching techniques and delivery by introducing a blended learning approach
- Creating new business for Thales International Training Centre
In 2005 Thales International Training Centre started the development process of an LCMS/LMS environment.
Thales Nederland is the global market leader in naval missile control systems designed to defend naval ships against air threats. Its naval sensors - radar and infrared - rank among the world’s best. Thales Services Nederland provides comprehensive integrated support to customers in more than 40 countries around the globe who use Thales-NL systems and products. Thales International Training Centre is the Training and Technology Transfer department and part of the Thales Naval Services Section. It is responsible for the management of the training programs for worldwide customers of Thales Naval Nederland.